Aug 25, 2011

প্রত্যাশা (কড়ি ও কোমল)

Final Expectation

Those things that everyone asked of me
I could not give, this much I know.
I know of the deceits, the debts unpaid
The work undone. To the world I owe
So much. So why do I speak right now?
In delirium, in regret, in desire, in need?
Seems I still have so much to demand
From the world. I beg in wordless greed.
I curse, I cry, in desperate despair
From wants unfulfilled, from needs unmet
My lord, I really do not desire more
Of this cursed craving, this deep regret.
Kill my desire...this insatiable yearning
Kill my greed, ye lord, I implore
This burden of debt gets heavier by the day..
I promise my lord, I'd desire no more.
I will give up my pursuit of you, I'll wait
Knowing that you will come to me
Perhaps in that moment of quiet submission
When you know that I have turned myself over to thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment