Aug 9, 2012

১২ (বলাকা )


That you will give
That I shall acquire from you
Forms the shape of my thoughts
All day.
In joy and pain
I extend my open palms to you, again.
Thinking that you will give
More, and more, and more
Without reprieve.

And you did.
Every moment, every bit by bit.
Your giving rushed down
In a sudden flood of grace.
I took some, wasted some
Gave some away
I wore your indulgence
Like a delicate, delicious web all day.
I played with the gems
Of your generosity.
Leaving them behind
In the playhouse of my
Wasteful laze.
Yet you gave and gave
Until
My treasure-chest overflowed
With drops of eternity.

Today, I feel finally
The burden of your giving,
Your goodness.
Today I want to tear myself
Away from my pleading regress.
As I hovered about your door
In unending hopes of gift
My expectations overflowed
My soul was constantly adrift
As I craved for more and more
And more. But today
The dead-weight of my debt has given way
To my desire to give
Myself
My desire to be taken by you,
By you.
When will you take me, hold my hand
Demolish my cup of thirst,
Of empty greed?
When will you put off my burning lamp
Of nights I could not sleep
Laying in wait, for more.
When will you take
My garland of flowers
For you, to keep?
Lead me to your skies of endless taintless lights, diffused, deep?

No comments:

Post a Comment